I overheard a conversation the other day between two of our customer’s that went like this:
“Oh look honey…….. but it just ain’t luxury,” said the wife as she opens all the doors. “But it ain’t supposed to be, its for those people who love to be outside, something you hate,” said the husband.
What a perfect way to sum up one of the many reasons our customers love the FJ Cruiser. At first I laughed at this conversation, thinking it’s not the only reason why people like this vehicle. As I thought about it more though, I realized that this is in fact one of the biggest reasons people purchase the FJ. It’s not for the luxury options that can be found on most Toyota’s. It’s for the rugged look, the drive they know they can make through the mud and believe it or not, the fact that they can get the floor as dirty as they want without having to care.
For those of you who have never seen or been in an FJ, here are some simple facts about it:
- Available in FWD or 4WD
- 6 exterior colors to choose from including the ever popular Army Green
- Equipped with 4.0L DOHC 24-Valve V6 with Dual Independent Variable Valve Timingwith intelligence
- There are 5 available package options: Convenience, Off-road, TRD, Upgrade and Trail Teams Special Edition
- Towing capacity is 5000 lbs
- Has more standard horsepower and torque than the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and a better 4WD system than the Nissan Xterra
With great towing capacity and a solid 4WD system, the FJ has been proven to get some of the trickiest trails in the Black Hills. Just ask the boys at Toyota of the Black Hills.
So if you are interested in a rugged vehicle that isn’t fully of luxury – the FJ Cruiser is definitely for you!