Nothing says spring like gardening. Fresh cut grass, new landscaping ideas and of course digging up lots of dirt! With that in mind, my fiancée and I set out on a journey for trees and shrubs last weekend. Owning only a small car and an SUV, we quickly realized we would not have enough room to pick up all of the plants we were after.
Trees, shrubs and everything else we could find
A brilliant idea comes to my head and we head down to work to grab a truck for hire. We head down to the Toyota dealership and get the Tundra all gassed up. We head toMenards and began our search. Thirty minutes later we were loaded up with two 8 foot trees and about 6 shrubs but we didn’t stop there. After unloading everything (in the rain mind you), we headed back and grabbed about 15 bags of rocks and 5 bags of sand. A lot of two of us to load but we managed to get it all done within an hour.
Now that the fun part of my story is over, let’s get down to the basics of why the Tundra truly is a great truck. The 2011 Tundra comes in many different trim levels ranging from a standard bed regular cab to the ever popular limited crew cab. Depending on the size of cab and bed you are looking for, the Tundra can pretty much meet the needs of almost every driver.
Breakdown of the available trims
Tundra Regular Cab
• Two-door, three passenger with standard or long cargo bed
• 4.0L V6 with 5-speed automatic transmission
• Dual-zone climate controls plus auto-off headlamps
• AM/FM/CD play with four speakers and auxiliary input jack
• 18-inch steel wheels with all-season tires
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Tundra Double Cab/CrewMax
• Four-door, five or six passenger with standard or long cargo bed (Double Cab) or short cargo bed (CrewMax)
• Color-keyed and chrome exterior accents
• Added power features: door locks, windows, variable intermittent wipers, cruise control
• Added comfort/convenience: carpeted flooring, 6-speaker audio system
• Added cargo/storage features: enhanced overhead console, front door pockets Limited Double Cab/CrewMax
• Upscale exterior appointments: alloy wheels and chrome exterior accents (mirrors, handles, bumpers)
• Upgraded interior surfaces, leather seating and comfort
• Added advanced technology features, enhanced instrumentation/controls and audio systems
Along with all of the different trim levels for the Tundra, you can also tie in different packages to get the perfect truck. These packages include the Cold Weather Package, SR5 Package, Color-Keyed Bumper Package, SR5 Package, TRD Off-Road Package, TRD Rock Warrior Package, TRD Sport Package, Work Truck Package and the Platinum Package.
Whether you are looking for a good truck for hauling or simply a larger truck to become your family vehicle, the Tundra is always my top pick. Roomy, comfortable and great for just tooling around, you really can’t go wrong with this best seller!